Global and Cultural Affairs
Fostering Discourse for an Inclusive Community
This branch reaches into the community and adds quality programming, with the goal to boost intercultural awareness and global competence development. It reinforces existing bridges between the diverse communities in the Garden City, and aids in creating new ties by:
- Linking Missoula to the world and the world to Missoula through the sharing of diverse cultures, traditions, customs and values.
- Supporting inclusive thinking, communication and collaboration.
- Collaborating with other organizations to complement and/or enhance existing programming.
- Facilitating a variety of culturally engaging public presentations, celebrations, performances and exhibits.
- Hosting affordable, reoccurring entertaining and educational communal events that foster cultural diplomacy.
“Community engagement not only improves communications with the public, but it also creates awareness and connects the diverse communities within Missoula with each other. It creates a platform for education, advocacy, entertainment and shared experiences for everyone in our city. As human beings, we need a sense of belonging, and that sense of belonging is what connects us” says Udo Fluck.
Our goal is to ignite a compassionate community, that enjoys the differences among us, maintains an openness to dialogue and builds partnerships, which allow us to thrive collectively in the dynamic world we live in.
Programming for the Missoula Community is generously supported through the Kreilick Family Foundation.