Promoting Intercultural Understanding in Classrooms
This branch offers intercultural and global competence building opportunities in elementary, middle and high schools, as well as in higher education learning environments. This service can transform students and educators of all grade and age levels to not only be “global-ready” but to be “future-ready”.
Previously, Udo Fluck developed and directed intercultural and global-competence-building programs for K-12, through an outreach program at the University of Montana, teaching hundreds of seminars between 2004 and 2016. In the 2018-2019 academic year in Missoula County Public Schools, Udo Fluck:
Collaborated with 30 teachers in elementary, middle and high school!
Inspired over 600 students in Missoula!
Promoting Intercultural Understanding in Classrooms means:
- Working together with teachers to support district-wide learning goals.
- Designing interactive, tailor-made modules that offer outside opinions and viewpoints to learners.
- Infusing cultural and global perspectives and content into standing curricula.
- Assisting with the integration of culturally diverse students in classroom settings to increase retention and student success.
- Offering professional development opportunities for teachers, administrators and staff.
Udo Fluck teaching Global Competence Seminars in …
Services and programming are made possible through the generous support of the Phyllis and Dennis Washington Foundation.